Customer Service Rep/Billing Specialist
Santa Fe, NM 87508
There are currently two positions available to help support in customer service and billing office operations.
One of the positions will be a temporary position through the end of July and the other will be a temp to hire position.
- Maintains complaint tracking records and work order system to insure timely, efficient and complete service responsiveness to customers of the waterworks system
- Answers telephones; receives and routes messages
- Handles customer account information as it relates to billing and usage inquiries
- Handles requests for re-reads of meters
- Receives, logs, and dispatches waterline marking requests as required by Utilities Protections Service
- Contacts other utilities to request marking or repair as required by maintenance activities
- Maintains contact with field maintenance personnel via radio or telephone to relay information and dispatch maintenance requests, flow tests, meter reads, etc.
- Operates computer terminal to enter and track information, produce reports, and maintain customer service account records
- Maintains new and close out service tracking records to ensure timely and accurate installation process, billing and scheduling procedures
- Loads and unloads hand held meters for meter reading
- Performs some general office duties such as word processing and filing
- Calculates customer bills and performs billing and collection activities such as printing bills, collecting payments, balancing registers and making deposits
- Runs billing reports and other reports as necessary as required in close out process
- Posting Deposits
- Preparing Weekly Deposit Report
- Service Transfers
- Managing Hydrant Rental - Billing
- Preparing/ processing Leak Adjustments (no approval limit)
- Auditing customer files for accuracy
- Generating Delinquency Lists and Notices
- Closing out work orders
- Back up for Supervisor on Billing
- Back up for Customer Service Agent
- Monitoring Beacon Leaks and Device issues (escalating issues to Supervisor)
- Managing Inventory
- Processing Serviceability Requests
- Has P Card – Will be responsible for paying vendor invoices (except Excel Temp)
- Managing Permit invoices with the State/ County
- Performs other related duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Prefer some college coursework or associate degree in business.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent data entry skills (with minimal errors or omissions).
- Be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- High proficiency with computer applications.
- Expert / proficient with computers, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute
- Reading comprehension and ability to perform arithmetic computations
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.