Controls System Designer
Houston, TX 77072
- The Designer will develop an understanding of the project scope in order to participate in the development of the Control Systems design effort
- Responsible for developing project deliverables, and spot checking the output of other staff designers when assigned
- Responsible for reporting on current task status to the team leader, project lead designer and lead engineer and providing weekly or bi-weekly reports of progress
- Monitor assigned design activities to assure conformance with company work instructions and SOPs; insure adherence to client and/or company specifications, governing codes and good design practice
- Maintain assigned portions of the computer based instrument list and I/O list; maintain technical content through regular updates
- AAS or better in engineering or related discipline preferred
- 6+ years of experience on medium sized or larger capital projects, from project inception to startup.
- Experience in data center design
- Current knowledge of EPC work processes, administrative practices as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required for each
- Expanding knowledge base in data center system wiring practices, installations, detection systems installations, plan development, and construction support.
- Excellent communication skills
- CADD Drafting skills (AutoDesk REVIT 2018).
- Experience with the Stickies add-in is a big plus.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- May require travel to national jobsite and supplier locations
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.