Ashland, VA 23005
- The Contract Monitor will work through the Maintenance Division with the Richmond District Interstate Maintenance Office for the Richmond North Region.
- High School Diploma required
- Experience developing and managing contracts and budgets as well as planning, monitoring and evaluating maintenance activities
- Experience in VDOT contracting & VA procurement laws and regulations; ability to create scopes of work, estimate quantities and assist in putting together bid documents
- Knowledge of Road & Bridge Standards & Specifications, road & bridge construction & maintenance practices and policies including incident management and inclement weather operations
- Knowledge of OSHA & VDOT regulations & policies
- Ability to resolve issues and negotiate successful resolutions
- Ability to interpret contracts and consistently apply policies and procedures in dealings with various contractors; document contractors performance
- Ability to work independently
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."