Construction Project Manager
Virginia State University, VA 23806
- The Project Manager will manage the design process and construction of the new Academics Commons Building project through planning, scoping, budgeting, estimating, design, prepare procurement bidding documents for construction bids (working with VSU procurement office); make selection recommendation.
- After award manage all design/engineering efforts, construction, coordination of construction phasing and sequencing, respond to contractor questions/RFI's; review submittals; track deficiencies and workmanship; prepare reports and hold meetings.
- Project also includes demolition of the existing buildings in the construction footprint.
- 4-year college degree in accredited engineering/architecture related degree program.
- Must be licensed PE or RA. CCM, OSHA, PMP, CQM.
- 5 to 10 years working in the above job description depending on duties and responsibilities.
- 5 additional years without a degree.
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative.
- Must be able to manage own time and get work accomplished in best interest of owner and client.
- Working knowledge of MEP systems and utilities is preferred.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.