Construction Management 189850
Montgomery, AL 36117 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
**Per Diem may be offered to qualified candidates**
Construction Superintendent – Site Remediation
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world more connected and sustainable. For our site characterization and remediation group that means using innovative technologies to make our environment better for today’s communities and tomorrow’s
As an emerging Construction Superintendent, you’ll be focused on supporting the delivery of environmental remediation construction projects. You will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of a team of onsite support personnel and subcontractors. Additionally, you’ll support management of the construction team, project budgets, scheduling, coordination of work, reporting and leading on-site meetings with staff, subcontractors and the client in accordance with the requirements specified in the contract documents. As a construction superintendent, you’ll have accountability for delivering a construction project within the contracted scope, schedule and budget.
You’ll work with the best Engineers, Construction Managers, and Project Managers in the business, as well as gain invaluable experience working directly with our clients. While you learn, grow and flourish, we will empower you to deliver the boldest solutions for our clients.
Continue your construction career at Jacobs - where we’ll empower you to learn and grow as you deliver environmental projects that make our world better.
Bring your self-motivated, collaborative attitude and commitment to delivering projects safely, and we’ll help you grow, and pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can improve the environment, together.
- 40-hour Hazwoper training or ability to obtain and current 8-hr refresher certification
- 0-5 years of experience and Bachelor’s degree OR high school diploma or equivalent and 10 years of experience
- Construction management experience, a plus
- Civil / Hazardous Site Remediation project experience
- Ability to work onsite full time in Mt, Meigs, AL
- Proficiency in the use of computer to prepare reports using programs such as Word, Excel and other construction related programs
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Person already residing a commutable distance from Mt. Meigs, AL is highly preferred
- Possess experience with implementation of environmental sampling, general construction earthwork activities, and waste management.
- Keen eye for quality control during inspections and subcontractor oversight
- Demonstrated highly effective written skills, timely documenting daily activities and reporting of site issues
- Communication with multiple stakeholders, multiple sites and Subcontractors
- Proven as excellent team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- OSHA 30-hour construction Training, a plus
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.