Lincoln, NE 68521
- The Construction Inspector will manage the PA grant delivery process (from Applicant assignment to Exit Briefing) for an average amount of eight individual applicants simultaneously.
- The number of applicants will vary from approximately 1 to 15 depending on the number of projects and complexity of projects that an applicant claims.
- Will ensure program delivery in a timely, professional, customer-centric manner that meets all assigned Applicant’s recovery priorities.
- Reviewing information gathered during the Preliminary Damage Assessment (PDA) for assigned Applicants
- Conducting Exploratory Calls to gather information from Applicants using assigned templates
- Developing an understanding of each Applicants’ projects and recovery priorities
- Conducting and facilitating Recovery Scoping Meetings with Applicants using assigned documents
- Working with Applicants to logically group and prioritize projects based on the Applicant’s recovery priorities
- Establishing regular meetings with the Applicant to facilitate the program delivery and recovery process
- Tracking and following-up with the Applicant on FEMA’s Requests for Information and documentation submission
- Coordinating transmittal of documents and information between the Applicant and FEMA’s Consolidated Resource Centers utilizing a web-based tool, phone, and email
- Scheduling site inspections with the Applicants and coordinating them with the Site Inspector Task Force Leader
- Identifying need for and engaging technical specialists and environmental/historic preservation compliance specialists when appropriate throughout the program delivery process
- Reviewing and validating damage details, scopes of work, and costs with the Applicant
- Participating in regular FEMA meetings by providing updates on work status
- Evaluating claims and making recommendations to FEMA as to whether the claim is eligible
- Discussing and resolving eligibility issues
- By day 55 after the Recovery Scoping Meeting, verifying with the Applicants that all disaster-related damages have been identified and documented
- Assist with the development of the Determination Memo by completing appropriate sections and communicating final determinations to the Applicants
- Conducting Exit Briefing with the Applicant using assigned documents
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."