Construction Inspector II 187702
Utuado, PR 00641 US
Long Term contract, Till November 2025. Must be local to Utuado, PR. Bilingual, Spanish speaking and writing required
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The CI-II shall perform the following responsibilities:
- Performs inspections of traffic control, environmental controls, layout, construction methods and materials, and all issues concerning the construction of the project. Determines the acceptability of the day-to-day work performed by the contractor.
- When areas of non-conformance are identified the CI-II
shall inform the construction contractor and/or PE.
- Review and recommend accepting or rejecting daily reports submitted by the contractor.
- Informs the PE of possible constructive changes, and recommends solutions. The CI-II is not authorized to make or approve changes to the contract.
- Performs inspection of the contractor’s quality control procedures and material testing.
- Verifies that procedures are in conformance with the approved Quality Control Plan and established procedures. Reviews material testing procedures and results for conformance to the contract.
- Measures quantities of materials placed. Performs takeoffs to determine conformance with required quantity amounts.
- Responsible for seeing that daily activities are documented. Completes IDR’s and other forms as required.
- The CI-II may be required to perform sampling and/or in-place testing of soil, aggregate base, concrete, and asphalt concrete pavement.
The CI-II shall possess one of the following minimum qualifications:
- NICET Level II or higher, or equivalent state certificate
- EIT Certificate
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology
- A minimum of 4 years of increasingly responsible construction engineering
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.