Composite Repair Operator
Windsor, CT 06095
- The Operator will remove, fabricate, replace and install/reinstall aircraft engine part repairs from blueprints, verbal instructions, engineering disposition and repair manuals to meet customer requirements.
- Removes skins and related components on parts such as trailing edges, top and lower leading edge skins, thrust reversers and secondary structures and exhaust cones.
- Create mold using composites, plaster, or other materials.
- Perform Lay-up and vacuum bag activities as specified.
- Perform trimming, dimensional checks and cure accuracy.
- Perform fixturing, priming, painting and part assembly.
- Select tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions.
- Fabricate composite and metal parts into subassemblies for the purpose of dry fitting in preparation for bonding/curing in presses and ovens.
- Perform all other similar or related duties as directed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Over 1year up to and including 3 years of auto body, fiberglass, or carbon fiber repair experience.
- Use of addition, subtraction, multiplication and the division of numbers including decimals and fractions is required
- Use of manuals, specifications and use of measuring instruments where interpretation is required involving basic skill knowledge.
- Use of judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations and processes within the limits of recognized standard methods or procedures.
- Body shop experience or mechanics is a plus
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.