Communications/Telecommunications Design Technician (II)
Portland, OR 97201
- The Tech will be accountable for preparing engineering drawings from sketches or engineering information.
- Will be responsible for budget, schedule and quality of assigned tasks.
- Collaborate design criteria with engineering team members to gather information required to design telecom system
- Coordinate with electrical team members for systems power requirements
- Plan and design backbone distribution, cable pathways, Audio-visual, and telecom space drawings and schematics for commercial and industrial buildings using CAD software.
- Conduct field reviews and surveys to verify accuracy of completed design
- Interpret architect drawings/specifications, blueprints and construction documents
- Utilize BIM software to provide layouts, general arraignments, profile views, details, under close supervision
- 2-year technical degree
- BISCI, RCDD
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience in telecommunication design / drafting.
- Familiarity of NFPA 70 (NEC), TIA/EIA standards, and other NFPA codes governing designs
- Familiarity with relevant codes and standards such as NEMA, ANSI.
- Familiarity with and application of company engineering design and BIM & CAD drafting standards
- Able to route and size raceways, perform fill calculations
- Proficient in Revit and 2D AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Access
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.