Farmington, CT 06032
Aerospace and Defense Technical is hiring a Commodity Specialist
Reporting to the GFS Contracts Manager the Commodity Specialist will perform a variety of acquisition and contract management-related activities which will include the following:
- Review, process and manage changes in contract scope via change orders / contract amendments
- Manage current contracts, identify contract expirations, coordinate with appropriate stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate contract renewal disposition
- Ensure internal business partner requirements are considered during contracting / sourcing activities and consensus is obtained from key stakeholders when decisions are made, or contracts are awarded
- Coordinate strategies to leverage enterprise synergies and provide advice and guidance regarding contracting and sourcing strategies during the planning and acquisition process
- Draft requests for proposals and information packages, evaluate responses, assist in formulating negotiation strategies and provide project management oversight in support of complex negotiations
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with corporate policies and communicate results.
- Coordinate and revise contract terms and conditions throughout the negotiation process with external and internal stakeholders and act as the central point of contact for corporate legal concerns
- Review and negotiate contractual terms and conditions with internal Legal staff. Perform review of legal forms and documents for accuracy and risk analysis
- Manage relationships with Service Providers and internal/external stakeholders. Represent the company in communications on contractual issues with Service Providers
- Work closely with Accounts Payable, Payroll, Risk Management and Legal Department as advisor involving contract specifics
- Monitor contract performance and compliance including tracking of SLA’s, deliverables, and commitments. Compile updates and prepare a variety of reports
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 -10 years’ experience.
Master’s Degree (a plus, but not required) with 4 -7 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of Supply Management / Procurement processes
- Understanding of contract structure, business terms and conditions
- Ability to demonstrate dedicated, proactive Customer Service to internal and external customers
- Build strong working relationships with peers and leaders; work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; assertively communicates in a meeting environment and one-on-one with Customers
- Ability to effectively manage information in a time-sensitive and detail-oriented environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage detailed, concurrent tasks.
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, proven ability to problem solve by analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and making recommendations
- Understanding of ACE / Continuous Improvement, Passport Process, UTC Terms & Conditions of Purchase, BPO (Business Process Outsourcing), Ariba RFX
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Nancy Boyce is a Sr. Technical Recruiter with over 30 years' experience serving the Aerospace and Engineering industries. Her favorite part of her job is working with a candidate through the whole process of getting them hired and then seeing them become successful in their career path. The best way to contact Nancy is via phone or email