Commerical Maintenance Technician
Dallas, TX 75201
This position may include a rotating on-call shift.
- The Maintenance Technician is responsible for delivering effective, efficient, and timely delivery of the Company’s line of services to multiple customers within an assigned geographic territory.
- Will be provided a company van and tools and travels to a variety of customer sites to maintain commercial properties.
- Performs preventive maintenance and corrective repairs on buildings, equipment and grounds Conducts “face to face” relationship with Customers in the service of the client’s requirements.
- Utilizes multiple trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and roofing, HVAC, and other skills as needed to solve maintenance problems.
- Completes preventative maintenance and repairs per work order requirements.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets, replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed, etc.).
- Performs routine painting, carpentry work, etc., as necessary to maintain our Client’s facilities in like new condition (e.g. repair a hole in dry-wall, prep the area, and match the paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance).
- Performs minor electrical maintenance as allowed without a license within state law requirements (e.g. repair or replacement of fixtures, wall switches, and outlets. Replace light bulbs, ballasts and sockets if necessary).
- Completes service inspections and asset inspections as needed.
- Provides estimates for larger projects and services needed to onsite customer.
- Completes other duties as assigned or required.
- HS diploma or Degree/Certification, or equivalent professional experience in Landscaping, Trades (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, etc), or Specialty Floor Care, preferred.
- Two to five years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Past background in the landscape, janitorial or construction-related services industries highly preferred.
- Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations.
- Ability to use and operate handheld device and business systems or document management Database software, including but not limited to Microsoft office, Lotus Notes, MS office (word, Excel).
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Daily local travel between properties.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.