Collections Operator in Training
Hoboken, NJ 07030 US
HKA Enterprises is unable to support C2C. 3rd party submissions and C2C requests will not be considered for any positions.
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday 7AM to 330PM overtime required, required to be on rotating on-call schedule after training phase.
Performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of the collection system on an assigned shift. An NJDEP C1 Operators License will need to be obtained within the first two years of employment with Jacobs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists Collections Operator in the use of sewer cleaning, clearing and rodding equipment and all repairs to collection systems
• Assists Collections Operator in the cleaning of bar screen facilities located throughout the collection system
• Assists in performing weekly preventive maintenance on all equipment as needed
• Learns and gains skills in a variety of equipment and tools used in maintaining the collection system
• Understands and carries out oral and written directions
• Assists in keeping maintenance records using a CMMS system, develop computer spreadsheets, and use Word and Excel
• Ability to read and interpret sewer maps, construction plans, prints, specifications and Operations and Maintenance Manuals
• Ability to diagnose simple wastewater collection system problems
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
• Performs other duties as required
• Performs Activity Hazard Analysis and Pre Task Plan
• High School diploma or GED
• Possess valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License
• Knowledge of collection system and tools, equipment, materials used to maintain and repair system
• Knowledge or previous experience in water or wastewater treatment, operations, or collections
• Has applicable OSHA training including but not limited to Confined Space Entry and Lockout/Tag out procedures
• Has obtained the NJDEP C1 Operators License
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.