Collections Operator In Training (Class B CDL)
Hoboken, NJ 07030
- The OIT performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of the collection system on an assigned shift.
- Assists Collections Operator in the use of sewer cleaning, clearing and rodding equipment and all repairs to collection systems
- Assists Collections Operator in the cleaning of bar screen facilities located throughout the collection system
- Assists in performing weekly preventive maintenance on all equipment as needed
- Learns and gains skills in a variety of equipment and tools used in maintaining the collection system
- Assists in keeping maintenance records using a CMMS system, develop computer spreadsheets, and use Word and Excel
- Performs other duties as required
- Performs Job Hazard Analysis
- High School diploma or GED
- Possess valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License
- Knowledge of collection system and tools, equipment, materials used to maintain, and repair system preferred
- Knowledge or previous experience in water or wastewater treatment, operations, or collections preferred
- Has applicable OSHA training including but not limited to Confined Space Entry and Lockout/Tag out procedures
- Must be able to obtain a NJDEP C1 Operators License within 24 months of employment to be eligible for full time employment.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret sewer maps, construction plans, prints, specifications and Operations and Maintenance Manuals
- Ability to diagnose simple wastewater collection system problems is required
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.