Collections Operator 188053
Waterbury, CT 06708 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
The goals of the position are including but not limited to:
- Beyond Zero Safety
- Coach and enforce safety rules for staff and subcontractors
- Practice all safety rules
- Facilitate safety improvements
- Complete Activity Hazard Analyses (AHA) and Pre Task Plans (PTP) as needed
- Attends daily safety tailgates with Collections staff
- Expected to develop a culture where every associate actively participates in the entire safety process. Ensure all discussions and training are interactive, passive participation by any member of the team is not acceptable
- Conduct and report on safety incident investigations as directed
- Must be capable of completing confined space entry training in accordance with OSHA requirements and entering confined spaces as necessary
- Collection System / Maintenance Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance on all collection systems (pipes and pump stations)
- Coordinate Collection System activities with Collection System Manager
- Perform CCTV, cleaning, and repairs (i.e sewer pipes, sewer manholes) on the Collection System as needed
- Perform basic maintenance on equipment (i.e. vac truck, CCTV truck) to minimize downtime
- Respond to customer sewer complaints and take the necessary actions to correct the problems during normal and after hours.
- Be familiar with collection maintenance equipment including but not limited to backhoe, skid steer, jetter vac.
- Possess basic computer skills
- Must be capable of obtaining collections licenses/certificates
- Perform additional duties as necessary
General Management/Conduct Duties
- Maintain positive working relationships with all Jacobs staff, clients, vendors, and subcontractors
- Assists Collections personnel as needed to meet Project goals
- Be on call as needed and respond to emergencies and direct corrective actions
- Maintain business conduct and ethics code of Jacobs
- Must be in possession of a valid CDL class B driver license
- Must be authorize to work in the United States
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- 2 years experience operating heavy equipment not required but nice to have.
- Tanker Endorsement
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.