Code Enforcement Technician
Centennial, CO 80112
This is an entry level position.
- The Code Enforcement Technician will perform a variety of technical duties necessary to execute the requirements of the City’s code compliance programs.
- Will work with minimal supervision as a part of a team and with other City departments to identify and enforce nuisance, land use, abandoned vehicle and other codes and ordinances designed to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents, and the general quality of life.
- Serves as a resource and provides information on City regulations to property owners, residents, businesses, and the public, along with other City departments and divisions.
- Schedules and performs systematic property inspections to maintain or achieve minimum property standards; attends neighborhood meetings to discuss and educate citizens about City codes.
- Responds to citizen concerns and complaints and City Council requests. Prepares records and reports pertaining to daily activities, investigations, enforcement actions, abatements, and court actions.
- Compiles documentation for and issues summons with approval of supervisor
- Testifies in municipal court as required.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Some education in or knowledge of Environmental Studies, Planning, Law Enforcement, Public Administration or closely related field preferred.
- 2 years of experience in the code enforcement / compliance field.
- 6 months experience in customer service, or enforcement- compliance related work including investigating allegations, conducting research and resolving complaints, concerns or conflicts.
- Must be able to handle sensitive or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; make presentations;
- Current state motor vehicle driver’s license required.Ability to read, interpret, and explain City codes, site plans, maps and work plans.
- Employees must have a current driver’s license and must maintain a clean driving record.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.