Coatings Furnace Operator
Phoenix, AZ 85043
- The Coatings Furnace Operator will load and unload furnaces, read and check furnace charts.
- Pack and unpack parts in retorts.
- Dry hone components.
- Complete log books accurately and thoroughly.
- Change thermocouples as needed.
- Sift and blend powders to create new powders.
- Provide coating samples to the Metallurgy lab with accurate information/data.
- Obtain coating cycles from the Metallurgy lab.
- Document travelers correctly after operations have been performed.
- Follow and utilize lean manufacturing principles.
- Vacuum coating powder from behind sifters and V-blenders as needed.
- Assist in surveying when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to accurately read and monitor furnace charts and related equipment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to read, interpret and understand work in-process documents
- Knowledge of chemicals powders processing required
- Ability to transfer information and data accurately
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be fluent in English, i.e. speaking, reading, writing
- Ability to pass various tests including annual furnace exams
- Must perform duties correctly and meet performance standards within first 6 months of position and become a certified working furnace operator
- Must understand where coating samples are placed in coating runs and perform duty.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.