Elkview, WV 25071
- The Engineer will assume a lead engineering role in the execution of Civil, Structural, and Architectural work packages.
- Responsible for the engineering analysis, calculations, and specifications for civil, structural, and architectural engineering necessary for design packages to procure, fabricate, and construct different projects.
- Front End Loading (FEL)
- Coordinate with design team to prepare optimized design concept for foundations, equipment structures, and buildings for new facilities and revamps of existing facilities
- Generate design sketches for feasibility studies and estimates quantities of civil and structural materials
- Estimate engineering hours internal resources
- Develop engineering criteria or basis of design documents based on current codes and standards
- Coordinate with design team in the preparation of drawings for civil, structural, building designs
- Prepare specifications related to civil, structural, and building designs (geotechnical investigation, geophysical survey, site preparation, fabrication packages, construction packages, etc.)
- Perform engineering analysis and calculations for civil and structural designs for industrial structures (base plates, foundation anchor bolts, columns, stacks, ducts, heat exchanger and vessel support design, modular construction considering dead, wind, live, seismic loads in accordance with IBC, ASCE-7, ACI-318, and other relevant codes
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) License preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience as structural, civil, or architectural engineer (positions are filled at level commensurate with experience)
- Demonstrated experience in all project phases (FEED, detailed engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning)
- Working knowledge of civil and structural design software (RAM, RISA, STAAD Pro, SmartPlant® Review, Navisworks, Bentley Autoplant, AutoCAD, MicroStation)
- Experience in a refinery or chemical process plant engineering as well as an understanding of codes and regulations pertaining to facility design and engineering
- Familiarity with engineering design process including package preparation, design reviews, customer/supplier interface, and construction experience
- Experience specifying steel, civil, and architectural components
- Experience performing calculations and reviewing drawings for structural and civil disciplines
- Experience working with local municipalities on permit requirements and managing submittal requirements
- Experience in design of modularized process piping and equipment
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.