Civil Engineer (5)
Cary, NC 27518
- This is a temp to perm position with possibility of direct hire.
- The Engineer performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phase of each type of project.
- Drawings and specifications are prepared and submitted to clients and regulatory agencies.
- Integrates understanding of emerging business/industry trends and implications for own area.
- This is a career level position with some supervisory/formal lead responsibility over a group of engineers and functions as a technical specialist who develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience providing commercial/ industrial civil site work design including leading and directing activities of other civil engineers, designers, and drafters to meet project schedule.
- Multiple years’ experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D or InRoads, StormCAD, Civil Storm and other Bentley/Haestad programs is preferred.
- Must have significant AutoCAD skills/capabilities including working with multiple master files, attaching and manipulating xref files, working with multiple scales, and viewports.
- Experience with underground utility design including preparing plan and profiles for roadways, railroads, and water and sewer systems. Emphasis in supervision/preparing grading plans, performing earthwork calculations, drainage/storm water calculations, and preparing permit applications is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with design team members, project management, and client contacts is required.
- Must also possess permitting skills and working with a variety of Regulatory Agencies.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.