Chiller Operator/Maintenance Tech
Tucson, AZ 85747
- The Operator performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a Central Utility Plant and/or a Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant including maintenance of equipment, quality control/testing and day-to-day activities on an assigned shift.
- Diagnoses operating problems; directs and performs necessary corrective action during work shift.
- Conducts preventive maintenance on Central Utility Plant and/or Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant systems to ensure the integrity and reliability of the utility distribution and/or treatment systems.
- Reads gauges and meters, starts and stops equipment, and operates valves to route and control flow, makes process control adjustments, determines and sets proper chemical dosage and flow rates, and operates PLCs and SCADA systems
- Complies and reports non-compliance with OMI and Project Policies and Procedures
- Prepares required reports and maintains complete record keeping procedures
- Monitors, utilizes and modifies the CMMS system to assure maximum effectiveness; provides required and appropriate documentation.
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses on water treatment, industrial discharges, plant influent, process, effluent and biosolids
- Processes, hauls, and applies biosolids in accordance with plant schedules and regulatory requirements
- Makes operating decisions in the absence of supervisory personnel
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Typically holds, or is working towards, a Universal Refrigerant Processing Certificate or an intermediate level water/wastewater treatment certification.
- 3-5 years of previous Utility Plant experience with familiarity of the principles and practices of Utility Plant operations; operating principles of chillers, compressors, cooling towers, building management systems, water distribution systems, emergency generators and fire pumps, water treatment programs; valves, pumps, and motors; safe work practices
- 3-5 years of previous Water/Waste Treatment Plant experience familiarity of the principles and practices of water/wastewater treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical sewage analyses; effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes; safe work practices
- The ability to demonstrate the advanced skills in the field of plant operations.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, CMMS and data management systems, and be able to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.