Houston, TX 77072
- The Chief Engineer will be responsible for the operational management and effective daily leadership and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and effectively operating machinery and systems in a cost-effective manner.
- Must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the business’ needs, and a commitment to achieving 100% uptime throughout the engineering team.
- Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the business’ assets and ensuring that building engineering systems continue to perform their intended function.
- Will implement and manage the reliability-based maintenance function.
- Executes equipment inspection and monitoring programs; defines and implements maintenance best practices to improve overall mechanical equipment uptime; and continuously evaluates current maintenance, operations and reliability methods and implements changes to enhance effectiveness at increasing value-maximizing performance.
- Associate Degree in and engineering discipline or equivalent work experience preferred
- Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s, Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent
- Additional certification preferred in the following: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
- 7 years facility related work experience, including customer service, leadership and supervisory experience preferred
- Managerial experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
- Understands aspects of construction planning and execution.
- Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and CMMS systems preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.