JOB # 172700
This is a direct hire position.
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Calibration Technician.
I: Job Summary
Calibration Technician is responsible for the calibration of all utilities and instruments to ensure proper measurement accuracy while adhering to GMP and GLP practices. Responsible for providing calibration support of manufacturing and laboratory equipment using prescribed standard operating procedures. Maintains all logs and required documentation. Calibration Technician should have experience using calibration standards, such as RTDs, standard solutions, Coriolis flow meters and pneumatic and hydraulic pressure/vacuum calibrators.
Assignments will require critical thinking and initiative. Must be able to work unsupervised and be productive in a fast-paced environment. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are required to interface effectively with customers and management.
Calibration Technician must be highly motivated and capable of adapting to meet the needs of a diverse customer base and variety of equipment. Should be able to specify and request purchase of parts or materials and communicate with manufacturers and vendors. They shall possess a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity, as well as a positive attitude and willingness to learn. As a part of continuous improvement, Calibration Technician will be expected to participate in improvements to work processes, efficiency and quality.
- Provide full-time calibration support to include routine and unscheduled calibrations on manufacturing and laboratory equipment using prescribed Standard Operating Procedures.
- Able to adjust and align instruments to maintain functionality and accuracy utilizing equipment manuals and manufacturer procedures.
- Capable of determining operating errors to make intelligent evaluations. Calibrate, diagnose and repair all test equipment and perform preventive maintenance.
- Maintain compliance with applicable cGMP regulations, FDA, USP and ISPE guidelines.
- Organize and clearly document maintenance records and equipment calibration history.
- When necessary, initiate deviations.
- Ensure that Metrology is providing a prompt, efficient and quality service. Energetic self-starter with strong drive for accomplishment.
- Identify and suggest initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Participate in 6S projects to increase efficiency and productivity
- 6+ years as a Metrologist/calibration technician.
- Minimum 2 years calibration experience in a pharmaceutical industry or GMP facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of various equipment, facilities, utilities, standards, techniques, processes and policies.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize a diverse workload.
- Able to plan, organize and coordinate multiple responsibilities while maintaining attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Experience using SAP, Rockwell Automation and REES System preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50Lbs, work on equipment bending, kneeling, sitting, and/or standing
- Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
- Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.