DOE Lake Mary, FL 32746
- The CAD Operator will utilize AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, and AutoCAD Electrical to construct and revise civil and electrical design drawings from engineer's or designer's markups to support generating station, switchyard, substation, and corporate projects for the construction or maintenance of electrical utility facilities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate drawings from verbal and written instructions, marked prints, sketches, field measurements, etc.
- Transforms initial rough product designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents.
- Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Use and develop standards, work methods, compile 2D and 3D parts, blocks, and details that create more accurate and understandable drawings.
- Maintain and update electronic drawings in the company's document management system.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Associate Degree or a combination of education plus equivalent work experience
- Mechanical AutoCAD drafting experience is applicable, as well as Electrical and Civil
- 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."