Kalamazoo, MI 49006
- The CAD Designer supports manufacturing by generating new and revising existing computerized reference drawings. CAD Designer manages and improves the Drawing Database, ensuring availability by all, when needed.
- Assists with Project/Equipment Documentation and Engineering Change Orders, to provide readily accessible and logically organized information.
- Update existing AutoCAD Drawings (P&ID’s, Electrical, Instrument (Loops), Mechanical, Architectural, Piping, Structural, Isometric, and Orthographic).
- Generate new AutoCAD Drawings to support Site projects.
- Perform area walkdown and measurements to assist in the project scoping/design process.
- Develop sketches or drawings (area layout, piping isometrics, orthographic, etc.) needed to assist in the design process.
- Manage and improve Drawing Database, ensuring the most up-to-date drawings are available immediately, and accessible by all, for rapid crisis response, timely troubleshooting, and speedy manufacturing review.
- Train other users, to maintain drawing consistency.
- Work with others to ensure redlines are efficiently incorporated to ensure an up-to-date drawing database.
- Assist Engineering in completing project closeouts and equipment documentation.
- Assist in equipment, piping, and instrument labeling.
- Associate Degree in Computer Aided Design or related degree
- Autodesk AutoCAD Certified Professional or ADDA Professional Certification preferred
- 3+ years working experience in Food/Chemical/Pharmaceutical Plant
- 5-10 years prior working experience in Food/Chemical/Pharmaceutical Plant preferred
- 5+ years related experience with AutoCAD (release 2010 and above)
- Proficiency with generating and editing 2D drawings in AutoCAD using advanced techniques
- Experience with Process (P&ID’s), Mechanical (Piping/Equipment Layouts), Electrical (One-Lines, Instrument Loops), and Facility (Plot Plan, Area Electrical Classification, etc.) drawings.
- Mechanical background with ability to read and interpret piping & valve specifications and P&IDs and perform field verifications and walkdowns in a PSM covered facility.
- Ability to create isometric and orthographic piping / equipment drawings.
- SQF / GMP experience
- Experience working with 3D CAD software
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Director of Recruiting
Anne Cleveland is the Director of Recruiting at HKA Enterprises. She specializes in recruiting for the pharmaceutical and power industries. Anne's advice to job seekers is "avoid having your resume fall into a black hole after applying by following up your online application with a quick phone call, text, or email directly to the recruiter listed on the job posting." The best way to reach Anne is via text or email.