Colorado Springs, CO 80916
Aerospace and Defense Technical is hiring a Buyer Associate
- The Buyer Associate evaluates supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Purchases items, materials, or services of a technical and specialized nature.
- Analyzes inventory--identifying areas of opportunity to optimize all levels of material within the facility.
- Schedules supply chain deliveries to support production, which optimizes inventory.
- Administers pull schedules, which optimizes supply chain inventory, while supporting customer requirements.
- Manages purchase order release process.
- Supports/maintains established inventory policies and procedures including cycle counting, point-of use, FIFO inventory, returnable containers procedures and engineering change affectivity control.
- Maintains and effective filing system, which supports immediate job functions, ISO requirements and related industry requirements.
- Develops and optimizes work-in-process levels, which maximizes quality and throughput to best meet customer requirements.
- Access and utilize SAP modules relating to MRP and Purchasing for reporting to data research.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 0-1+ years’ experience
- MA/MS degree w/0+ years’ experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of supply chain management, including procurement, inventory management, manufacturing resources planning (MRP), demand planning, and capacity management, to get the right materials to the right place, at the right time.
- Understanding of custom fabrication manufacturing methods, special processes, blueprints, MOQ’s, EOQ’s, and quality requirements.
- Must demonstrate working proficiency with Microsoft Office Products; experience with SAP.
- Would be expected to occasionally visit suppliers to review supplier capabilities and to improve the supplier relationship.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.