Billing Coordinator 187888/187889/187890
Columbus, OH 43215 US
- Ensures billing exception process memos are reviewed and completed accurately.
- Conducts any necessary follow-up to close memos by due date.
- Takes corrective action on deferred (non-billing) accounts to ensure completion in accordance with tariff timelines in the states supported
- Ensures accurate billing is issued to customers in accordance with tariff guidelines in all states.
- Explains adjustments to customers when needed and supports the Call Center Representatives by explaining customer billing inquiries and adjustments.
- Monitors assigned workload to ensure all items are completed and takes the initiative to complete additional tasks, when needed or ask.
- Performs adjustments and/or corrections of accounts with non-registering meters in according to the tariff guidelines in all states.
- Performs adjustments and/or corrections of accounts with fast meters in accordance to the tariff guidelines in all states.
- Works in a teaming and customer focus environment to provide excellence customer experiences.
- Other duties as assigned including cross functional training and work assignments in other Meter to Cash Functions, is needed.
- Supports the Billing Exception Team in meeting daily/monthly Service Level Metrics.
- Monitors work processes and provides suggestions for enhancement for process improvements when necessary.
• Diploma from an accredited high school or a GED
• Solid working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Lotus Notes
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of various back office customer accounting processes
• Experience working in a team environment
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to perform multiple tasks
• Experience delivering results while working within time constraints
• Advanced knowledge of commission rules and regulations regarding billing practices in all states served.
• Advanced adjustment knowledge/experience
• Excellent customer service skills/experience
• Hands-on experience in DIS billing exception processing
• Working knowledge and experience with appropriate customer information systems.
• Working knowledge of commission rules and regulations, rates, tariffs and contracts to bill customers in a timely, accurate manner.
• Understanding of day-to-day cross functional utility operations organizations including meter to cash, operations, call centers and logistics.
• Solid working knowledge of Gas Measurement Billing (GMB) for processing charts and volumes for commercial and industrial customers.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.