Bench Operator (1st & 2nd shift)
Tampa, FL 33619
There are 1st and 2nd shift positions available-6:30am-3:00pm-3:00pm-11:30pm
- The Bench Operator selects castings for work as per written or verbal instructions from the supervisor .
- Ensures correct routers accompany the casting and all previous operations are signed as complete.
- Operates pneumatic and power hand tools including die grinders, belt sanders, and buffing equipment.
- Grinds, blends and belt polishes localized areas of castings per engineering specifications to remove or reduce parting lines, excess metal, scratches, burs, or other indications.
- Grinds blends and buffs part to leave a smooth surface as per instructions and specifications.
- Performs Fluorescent Penetrate Inspection (FPI) rework and repair as necessary.
- Operates sandblast machine as necessary.
- Performs first visual inspection of selected castings and marks appropriate areas for weld repair.
- Marks non-repairable castings as scrap and correctly documents all routers and rework routers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Two to three month related experience or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and perform simple multiplication and division.
- Ability to perform these calculations using American units of money, weight, measurement, volume, and distance.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.