Automotive Business Development Leader
Detroit, MI 48201
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring an Automotive Business Development Leader
The company is an international, a global leader in chemicals. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, the company employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in PA, TX, IN and NY.
- The Leader drives new specialty resin growth within the Automotive industry via specification of existing and new solutions at OEMs and key Tiers.
- Builds relationships with relevant new and existing Auto OEMs and tiers to grow the resin business across multiple vehicle platforms.
- Fosters and translates existing innovation programs; including structural, exterior, and electrification solutions.
- Identifies new growth areas and helps to create market development plans to expand the company’s specialties revenue and market leadership with specialty resin in Automotive.
- Understands and articulates both short and long-term customer needs; including material requirements, new product introductions and new business opportunities.
- Proposes solutions based on OEM and Tier needs and current portfolio of compounded products.
- Gains and enhances credibility with OEMs and Tiers across multiple disciplines including sourcing, design, engineering and leadership.
- BS/BA Degree, Engineer Degree Desired
- Minimum of 5 years technical sales, marketing, engineering or design experience in the Automotive/Mobility space
- Minimum of 3 years of Plastics/Materials application experience preferably in mobility related applications and/or polymer based structural solutions
- Strong existing network within the Automotive ecosystem – familiarity with supply chain and tiers/production value chain
- Self-starter with the drive and passion to succeed
- Excellent communication and matrix management skills
- Comfortable with ‘cold-calling’ into new OEMs both with and without commercial account team coverage
- Entrepreneurial, creative mindset who is good at both identifying and investigating new opportunities and markets
- Sound technical background in application development of specialty engineering resins
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Business Acumen
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.