Archaeological Field Technician
Livermore, CA 94551
- The qualified archaeological field technician will perform a variety of tasks associated with archaeological fieldwork on CRM projects.
- Tasks include field excavations (e.g. shovel testing, test unit excavation, shovel skimming), screening soils, recordation of field notes, the ability to use field equipment such as GPS units and digital cameras, and artifact processing.
- Physical demands of the position include manual labor (e.g. hand excavation with shovels and lifting buckets of dirt), prolonged walking over different terrains while carrying field equipment, and dealing with a variety of weather conditions.
- Hours are full-time 5-6 days per week. Per Diem to cover lodging and meals for days worked.
- BA or BS in Anthropology or related field.
- Must have had an archaeological field school and/or 2 years of CRM field experience (preferably at precontact sites that contain human remains)
- Have familiarity with Precontact Material Culture common to the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Must have a working knowledge of the standard equipment and field methods associated with CRM projects.
- The qualified candidate will also be able to follow instructions from a supervisor and a demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to work the project through completion (Anticipated end date November 2019)
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.