Newport News, VA
We are looking for an Advanced Ship Fitter.
Job will be located in Newport News, VA.
Pay Rate up to $37/hr + $120 per diem.
Four years of commercial/naval experience as a first class Shipfitter.
1. Multi-Pass Tack Welding.
2. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
3. Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
4. Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
5. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
6. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
7. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
8. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
9. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
10. Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
11. Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
12. Ability to use Work Packages and Drawings to plan and execute work.
13. Ability to use Molded Lines and Ship Reference Lines to execute required work.
14. Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Complex-shaped Shell Plates.
15. Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Decks, Bulkheads, Longitudinals, trunks, etc:,
16. Ability to Install and Replace Hull Inserts and Penetrations, Ability to Install Miscellaneous and Complex Foundations.
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Optical instrument experience (Level, Transit)
3. Shipwright / Erect & Set experience.
4. Tank Testing
5. Mobile equipment operation (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
Tack Welding Qualification:
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Multi-Pass Tack Welder Qualification Test upon reporting for the first day of work.
Must also pass a background check as well as a hair follicle test.
Must send a detailed resume to be considered.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.