Advanced Shipfitter/Fabricator (Multi-Pass Tack & Burn)
Newport News, VA US
Now Hiring - Advanced Shipfitter/Fabricator in Newport News, VA
Up to $45.00/Hr. – Per Diem $120.00 per workday
Four (4) years of commercial/naval experience
- Multi-Pass Tack Welding.
- Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
- Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
- Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
- Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
- Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
- Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
- Ability to use Work Packages and Drawings to plan and execute work.
- Ability to use Molded Lines and Ship Reference Lines to execute required work.
- Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Complex-shaped Shell Plates.
- Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Decks, Bulkheads, Longitudinals, trunks, etc.
- Ability to Install and Replace Hull Inserts and Penetrations, Ability to Install Miscellaneous and Complex Foundations.
Tack Welding Qualification:
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Multi-Pass Tack Welder Qualification Test. This test will be:
A. Using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Process.
B. With MIL-10718-M (A-5A) Filler Metal of MIL-E-22200/1.
C. In both the Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions.
- Must successfully pass a background check & hair follicle drug test.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime, if required.
Submit a detailed resume for review.
Call Us (800) 748-1395
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.