Advanced Shipfitter - Multi Pass Tack & Burn
Newport News, VA US
HKA Construction Services is now hiring Advanced Shipfitters – Multi Pass Tack & Burn for a shipyard located in Newport News, VA. All applicants must have a minimum of four (4) years of commercial/naval experience as a 1st Class Shipfitter.
Up to $45.00/Hr. & $120.00 Per Diem per day.
- Multi-Pass Tack Welding.
- Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
- Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
- Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches.
- Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions with the use of a ruler.
- Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
- Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications.
- Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
- Ability to use Work Packages and Drawings to plan and execute work.
- Ability to use Molded Lines and Ship Reference Lines to execute required work.
- Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Complex-shaped Shell Plates.
- Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Decks, Bulkheads, Longitudinal, trunks, etc.
- Ability to Install and Replace Hull Inserts and Penetrations. Ability to install miscellaneous and complex foundations.
- Performance test Required.
Must successfully pass a background check & Hair follicle drug test.
Must be able to work any shift and overtime, if required
Submit a Detailed Resume for Review.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.