Acoustical Ceiling Framers 187610
Kansas City, MO US
Project site location Kansas City, MO
Housing provided for candidates within US for duration of project in Kansas City, MO
Contract work, OT required, Currently 4-10s, 2-8s = 56hr checks available, bonuses for quality production based on performance.
- Applies acoustical tiles or shock-absorbing materials to ceilings and walls of buildings to reduce or reflect sound and to decorate rooms.
- Washes concrete surfaces with washing soda and zinc sulfate solution before mounting tile to increase adhesive qualities of surfaces.
- Inspects furring, mechanical mountings, and masonry surface for plumbness and level, using laser or water level.
- Hangs dry lines (stretched string) to wall molding to guide positioning of main runners.
- Nails or screws molding to wall to support and seal joint between ceiling tile and wall.
- Scribes and cuts edges of tile to fit wall where wall molding is not specified.
- Nails channels or wood furring strips to surfaces to provide mounting for tile.
- Measures and marks surface to lay out work according to blueprints and drawings.
- Cuts tiles for fixture and borders, using keyhole saw, and inserts tiles into supporting framework.
- Applies cement to back of tile and presses tile into place, aligning with layout marks and joints of previously laid tile.
- 4 to 6 years of acoustical ceiling installation experience (required)
- Ability to install all aspects of acoustical ceilings from start to finish
- Focus on corporate, institutional, government, medical and hospitality industries
- Must be able to work individually and as a team player
- Valid Driver's License
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.