Accounting Analyst III 189853
Charlotte, NC 28210 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Prepare, analyze and review journal entries, perform account reconciliations, prepare Job Summary:
The Rates and Regulatory Strategy Analyst is responsible for a variety of state regulatory functions to facilitate timely and appropriate recovery of the Company’s costs, regulatory filings, rate and tariff administration and other related matters. The Analyst has an understanding and working knowledge of the basic principles of ratemaking and is able to perform intermediate financial analysis work including the preparation of regulatory filing schedules and determining the financial impact of potential regulatory/rate changes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Rates and Regulatory Strategy Analyst provides support and representation for all state regulatory matters. The Analyst interacts with the members of the department and other relevant internal parties in support of the Company’s regulatory filings and in responding to data requests and other inquiries.
The Rates and Regulatory Strategy Analyst is responsible for the receipt, analysis and reporting of various financial and operational information which is often critical and sensitive in nature. As such, this position requires familiarity with principles and terminology in the areas of financial, cost of gas and regulatory accounting. Furthermore, this position requires familiarity with the Company’s core business practices and industry regulatory procedures and proceedings. Strong interviewing and teamwork skills are required to perform information gathering, analysis, and reporting. Independent and effective interaction and communication with other internal stakeholders is necessary through verbal presentation and written requests. The incumbent must have excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills. In addition, the incumbent should have excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all peers, subject matter experts, and department management.
· Independently work on various aspects of preparation and justification of the Company’s proposed regulatory filings, including general rate case filings, purchased gas adjustment filings, and other tariff changes
· Compile and review various accounting, financial and operational information for inclusion in the Company’s regulatory filings
· Accumulate, analyze and report on various accounting, financial and operational information for assigned areas of the Company in an accurate and timely manner pursuant to regulatory data requests and other inquiries
· Track and document key regulatory proceedings and procedural dates
· Develop productive relationships with department management and non-management personnel to facilitate communications including potential risks to the Company
· Develop productive internal and external relationships
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, or other related field
· Four or more years of professional work experience in accounting or finance
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel at an advanced level
· CPA, MBA, other graduate degree and/or related professional certification
· Natural gas industry experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint
· Two or more years of professional work experience on matters pertaining to regulatory pleadings, utility regulations and research
· Demonstrated excellent analytical skills, including the ability to gather and perform complex financial impact analysis
· Demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication and organizational skills
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."