(PSP) Production Improvement Specialist Engineer
Greer, SC 29651
HKA is offering a $2000 hiring bonus for this position.
This is a long term ongoing W2 contract position with no projected end date.
HKA offers vacation and holiday pay, employee paid medical, dental and vision along with other perks.
NO relocation assistance is offered.
- The PSP Specialist supports the area teams by leading transformation activities and facilitating improvements in the optimization of processes within existing production systems. Introduces and develops shop floor processes which are delivered in a structured VPS (Value-Added Production System) approach setting a centralized standard.
- Increases production efficiency, reliability and stability support of production teams and solution of problems.
- Actively participates within the project organization in order to develop a functional and economic production process.
- Drives, steers and/or facilitates problem solving activities across area of responsibility
- Assesses, investigates and validates product development concepts.
- Implements strategic targets in the production process with regard to new technologies, innovations, business optimizations using Continuous Improvement principles.
- Administrates special projects in accordance with the assignment guidelines.
- Analyzes facility cycle time and availability to include Model & option variants including short term actions to improve stability and reliability and long term plans to eliminate issues.
- Steers Operator work standard, area layout, productivity improvements & idea sharing.
- Facilitates Value Stream Analysis
- Interacts with Production Associates for improvement of current and implementation of new processes.
- Supports shop floor to identify proper technique and bottlenecking.
- Creates, updates and maintains documentation and layouts.
- Interfaces and implement lessons learned from previous production phases.
- Implements product change across ALL shifts and provide feedback to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned by operations supervisor.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent 4+ years experience in an industrial engineering environment (automotive preferred).
- 2+ year(s) knowledge of manufacturing/industrial engineering including assembly techniques warehouse management, problem solving skills and project planning.
- 2+ year(s) Continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, process optimization, process engineering, efficiency projects, 6S, waste reduction, bottleneck analysis, workshop facilitation.
- Experience in leading a project.
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt preferred.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Team and Communication Skills.
- 1+ years knowledge of manufacturing/logistics processes.
- Basic conflict management skills
- Basic knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of the joining methods for various materials and steel preferred.
- Basic knowledge in CATIA V5 preferred.
- Basic knowledge in Microstation preferred.
- Basic knowledge in Process Designer/ Process Simulate preferred.
- Basic German language skills preferred.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.