Newport News, VA 23607
Four years of commercial/naval experience as a first class Welder.
1. Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
2. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
3. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
4. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
5. Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
6. Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work. These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following:
A. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process.
B. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
C. Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
D. Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
1. All Welding Qualification Tests in “A” (6 hours), “B” (12 hours), “C” (4 hours) above.
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 hours).
3. Welders Vision Test (5 minutes).
4. Air Carbon Arc Gouging Proficiency Test (1 hour).
Prior to performing work at Client Shipyard all Welders must successfully pass, without training, the above tests at the Client welding school.
Required Safety Training / Qualifications:
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to Client Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at Client Shipyard.
All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) is to be provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company. All Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company shall meet the requirements of OSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and /or as specified by the Client .
1. Confined space trained in accordance with OSHA Standards 29 CFR 1915 Subpart B.
2. Hazard communication trained in accordance with OSHA Standard 29CFR 1915.1200 (1910.1200) (h) – (1) through (3) (iv).
|Start Time:||12:00 AM|
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.