Newport News, VA 23607
HKA is hiring Structural Welder in Newport News, VA. This is a long-term opportunity with great working conditions and great pay. This position is at a state of the art shipyard, building aircraft carriers and submarines. The yard is clean and a very safe work environment.
$27.50-$37 (based on qualification) an hour $120 per diem (if eligible)
- Four years commercial/naval experience as a first-class Welder.
- Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
- Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
- Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges. Welding Qualification: All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work. These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following: A. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process. B. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process. C. Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process. D. Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test. The Welding School will administer the following tests:
- All Welding Qualification Tests in “A” (6 hours), “B” (12 hours), “C” (4 hours) above.
- Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 hours).
- Welders Vision Test (5 minutes).
Air Carbon Arc Gouging Proficiency Test (1 hour). Prior to performing work at Client Shipyard, all Welders must successfully pass, without training, the above tests at the Client welding school.
Must have Multi Pass
Must submit to a Background check
Must submit to a Hair Follicle Drug Screen
Must bring acceptable ID for USCIS Form I9. The most common forms of ID we receive are passports, birth certificates, social security cards, and driver’s licenses.
Apply today to get started.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.