Newport News, VA 23601
Four years commercial/naval experience as a first class Shipfitter.
Prior to performing work at Client all Shipfitters must successfully pass, without training, the above tests at the Client's welding school. The actual cost for each individual that is sent through the welding school is estimated at $266.00. Supplier shall reimburse purchaser $266.00 for each individual tested that either does not successfully pass the above described testing or does not complete a minimum 30 day work period, with the exception of purchasers termination of the purchase order for convenience prior to a 30 day work period being completed. These amounts will be deducted from the suppliers billing (there will be no back charge for 1 day or less in welding school).
Required Safety Training / Qualifications:
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to the Client's Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at Client.
All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) is to be provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company. All Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company shall meet the requirements of OSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and /or as specified by the Client.
Apply today to get started.
Must be able to work all shifts
- Tack Welding– Multi-pass (NAVSEA Technical Publication 39074-AQ-GIB-010/248)
- Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch
- Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
- Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines
- Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler
- Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly
- Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.)
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry
- Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
- Rigger/Material Handling
- Optical instrument experience (Level, Transit)
- Shipwright / Erect & Set experience
- Tank Testing
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging
- Mobile equipment operation (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
Tack Welding Qualification:
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Multi-pass Tack Welder Qualification Test upon reporting for the first day of work. This test will be in accordance with Tech Pub 248 Paragraph 5.3 and the following:
- Using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Process
- With MIL-10718-M (A-5A) Filler Metal of MIL-E-22200/1
- In both the Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions.
- With a 3-Pass, 3/8” Fillet instead of the Single-pass Fillet shown in Tech Pub 248 Figure 16. Each pass shall have at least one stop and start within the weld length.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
- Multi-pass Tack Weld consisting of:
- One (1) hour practice
- One (1) hour Vertical test
- One (1) hour Overhead test
- Visual Inspection of Weld Level I
- Six (6) hours.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.