Newport News, VA 23601
Five (5) or more years marine pipefitter work as a First Class Pipefitter.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- Able to read and interpret ship piping drawings.
- Experienced fitting carbon steel, CRES, and copper nickel piping.
- Qualified to end prep piping by hand and/or with Wach or Portsmouth Machine.
- knowledge in installing pipe hangers.
- Ability to sketch and bend TFW piping (2½ inch and below)
- Ability to read a ruler using inches and tenths
- Able to read and interpret test procedures.
- Able to fit x-ray.
- Qualified to prep and fit-up EB rings.
- Qualified to prep and fit-up backing rings.
- Qualified to clean cut/break pipe with a grinder.
- Qualified to hand prep J bevels.
- Qualified to hand prep V bevels
- Experience in fabrication various details and assemblies from CAPDAMS, MMAP, DS Drawings, sketches, or arrangement drawings.
- Ability to bend pipe from template and in the use of a hand bender.
- Ability to fit welded sockets.
- Ability to fit brazed joints with/without insert ring.
Required Safety Training / Qualifications:
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to Newport News Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at Newport News.
Apply today to get started.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.