Mobile, AL 36602
HKA Enterprises is hiring a Pipe Welder in Mobile, AL.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired.
The individual must have a working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to follow directions. The individual must possess experience in the trade and knowledge of ship terminology. The individual must demonstrate an ability to interpret job specifications and perform work on marine vessels.
Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision. Also, must be willing to develop other team members’ skill level.
• Read and interpret basic drawings and weld symbols.
• Pass weld test for all USA weld procedures in the 6GR position
• Pass USA TIG weld test procedure for aluminum pipe
• Ability to work to Tig Welding standards
• Work to client housekeeping procedure
• Inspection of work, identification of potential problems, initiation of corrective actions.
• Increase awareness of Quality procedures within the department
• Perform as a productive working team member that meets daily goals set by the supervisor.
• Continuously improve communications and flexibility within the team.
• Help build the team environment.
• Build pride of workmanship and quality through on job training.
• Contribute towards innovation/productivity improvements.
• Assist in the control of waste elimination, e.g. materials, consumables etc.
• Assist supervisor to maintain control of department equipment and its maintenance.
• Must have a full set of personal tools
• Work towards the team goal of delivering the vessel on time.
• Always be ready to start a shift on time
• Follow client guidelines and procedures
• Ensure work area is left clean, all equipment and tools are stowed away safely and protected against damage
• 1-year minimum work experience as a B-class pipe welder with client or 2 years experience in a similar role at a comparative employer.
• Ability to pass “A Class” skills validation test to demonstrate welding ability for restricted open root welds
• Ability to successfully complete on boarding procedures in preparation to pass 6GR weld qualification test requirements for copper-nickel and stainless steel to meet contract requirements for A Class welding on the vessel
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and measure using the metric system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Specific physical requirements include but are not limited to the following:
• Must have the ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel.
• Perform prolonged standing.
• Lift/push/pull 50lbs on an occasional basis.
• Lift/push/pull up to 20lbs on a frequent basis.
• Must have the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing as a minimum includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders, and ramps).
• Ability to work at heights above 12’ while working from ladders, scaffolding and/or man lifts.
• Able to work at a variety of levels (ex. waist, eye, overhead).
• Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment.
• Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles.
• Possess sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment.
• Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toes shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards.
• Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures.
• Ability to enter 18” x 36” openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time within OSHA guidelines.
Apply today to get started!
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.