$28 per hour $100 per diem Mobile, AL 36602
HKA Enterprises is hiring a Pipe Fitter in Mobile, AL.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired.
The individual must have a working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to follow directions. The individual must possess experience in the trade, knowledge of ship terminology, ability to interpret engineering drawings. The individual must demonstrate the ability to interpret job specifications and perform work on marine vessels.
Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision. Must be willing to develop other team members skill levels.
• Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
• Ability to Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
• Test system for leaks using testing equipment
• Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system
• Install clamps, brackets, and hangers to support the piping system using hand and power tools
• Ability to install pipe systems on board vessels in a safe and productive manner.
• Ability to safely rig equipment following all OSHA requirements.
• Inspection of work, identification of potential problems, initiation of corrective actions.
• Increase awareness of Quality procedures within the department
• Perform as a productive working team member that meets daily goals set by the supervisor.
• Continuously improve communications and flexibility within the team.
• Assist in the control of waste elimination, e.g. materials, consumables etc.
• Assist supervisor to maintain control of department equipment and its maintenance.
• Prepared to Step up as a supervisor when required
• Must have a full set of personal tools
• 1-year minimum work experience as a B-class pipe fitter at client or 2 years experience in a similar role at a comparative employer.
• Pass the “A” Class pipe fitters tests; written with a minimum score of 70% and practical with a minimum score of 90%.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and measure using the metric system.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. PPE available and MUST be used correctly.
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
Apply today to get started.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.