Newport News, VA 23607
HKA is hiring Marine Welder in Newport News, VA. This is a long-term opportunity with great working conditions and great pay. This position is at a state of the art shipyard, building aircraft carriers and submarines. The yard is clean and a very safe work environment.
Considered subject matter expert in a technical specialty. May work directly with the customer or customer representatives, attend meetings and deploy for special projects. Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations. Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate the problem in minimum time. Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change. Maintains effective customer communications and relations. May provide on-site training of customer support personnel.
Applies complete comprehension of specialty trades functions and tools. Ability to develop technical documents, customer briefings and communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to perform quality inspections and internal with external, internal customers and senior management.
Up to $29 per hour
- High School diploma or Trade school
- 8 years of related experience, to include specific systems expertise.
- Prefer technical/professional certifications.
- Must be familiar with and possess a strong working knowledge of all applicable documents listed below.
- Must be able to perform TIG and Mirror welding I a submarine environment.
- Welding of locker foundations, cable hangers, type mounts, etc to be expected.
- Ability to manage, over sea and schedule and assign tasks to one or more multiple jobs.
- Ability to install, upgrade and remove products ensuring coordinative engineering field change.
Must submit to a Background check
Must submit to a Hair Follicle Drug Screen
Must bring acceptable ID for USCIS Form I9. The most common forms of ID we receive are passports, birth certificates, social security cards, and driver’s licenses.
Must provide own hand tools as a designated per trades specialist.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.