Health & Safety Analyst
Newport News, VA 23607
HKA is hiring a Health & Safety Analyst in Newport News, VA. This is a long-term opportunity with great working conditions and great pay. This position is at a state of the art shipyard, building aircraft carriers and submarines. The yard is clean and a very safe work environment.
$35.83 an hour
This Health & Safety Analyst position supports 2nd shift safety initiatives for our industrial operations, including:
- Safety Observations & Enforcement on All Aspects of Shop Operations, including equipment inspections, training on safety-related courses, identification and resolution of hazardous workplace conditions, and ensuring compliance with federal and state occupational safety and health standards
- Participates in OSHA inspections and in any procedures that may follow a citation
- Investigates, prepares, and forwards as required reports on injuries and fatalities
- Conducts safe work procedures training courses
- 2+ years of related experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Must be OSHA 30 Hour Certified for 1910 General Industry
- Must have Bachelors in Science
- All candidates who accept a written offer of employment will be required to undergo drug testing and a criminal background check. We reserve the right to end our employment agreement with you should the results of your background investigation not be successful.
Must provide an acceptable ID for USCIS Form I9. The most common forms of ID we receive are passports, birth certificates, social security cards, and driver’s licenses
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.