San Jose, CA 95119
The HVACl Tech performs building operations, preventive maintenance, equipment repairs, installations, and corrective maintenance on Plant equipment such as boilers, chillers, chilled water pumps, condenser pumps, cooling towers, air compressors, boilers, and mechanical/HVAC equipment.
Performs daily chiller and boiler readings and submits reports as required.
Repairs piping systems including pumps, motors, and valves.
Inspects major systems and identifies operating problems, performs complex troubleshooting, and implements repairs.
Performs rounds and readings to ensure equipment is operating normally.
Performs building operations including building automation monitoring, alarm response, and implementation of corrective actions.
Maintains records for refrigerant loss/recovery.
Develops operational procedures and supports continuous improvement efforts for the site.
Performs confined space attendant duties.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Capable of reading and understanding repair manuals, specifications, drawings, blue prints, and schematic diagrams.
- Knowledge of electrical equipment, components, instruments, and systems, including their design, installation, testing, uses, repair, or maintenance.
- Skilled in operating a variety of electrical tools and instruments.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, analyze, and identify systems malfunctions to determine the source and cause of the problem.
- Ability to read gauges, dials, monitoring equipment, and enter records into computer equipment and log sheets.
- Skill in utilizing computer software (Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet, computerized maintenance management systems -CMMS) to accomplish a variety of tasks.
- Ability to retrieve PMs and enter PM data.
- Must provide own basic tools (screw drivers, wrenches, pliers, hammer, etc.) to perform work duties.
- Must complete an audio metric examination.
- Must wear ANSI safety shoes composite toe and personal protective equipment.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.