DOE Saint Louis, MO 63114
The Estimator II is responsible for assisting the Senior Estimator in preparing individual estimates and for total preparation of estimates when assigned by the Estimating Director.
The Estimator II is accountable for accurate and timely quantity surveys.
The Estimator II may also be responsible for preliminary pricing through full estimates when assigned by the Senior Estimator or Estimating Director.
The Estimator II must make every effort to satisfy the needs of the Client with respect to each estimate.
The Estimator II is responsible for utilizing proper procedures and available tools in the preparation of an estimate. The Estimator II must possess the ability to facilitate and nurture relationships with Owners and Subcontractors.
- Acts as the peer to Assistant Project Managers.
- Performs complex take-off.
- Provides initial pricing.
- Responsible for a limited number of divisions/building elements.
- Acts as the Estimating Team Leader/Individual for simple scope projects.
- Field exposure to be obtained:
- On-the-job opportunities.
- Standard assignments due.
- Technical training program.
- Estimating skills/tools/processes:
- On-the-job and structured training.
- Proficient with an estimating software proficient with their division (MC2, HCSS, etc.).
- Develops Subcontractor relationships.
- Assists with negotiating/writing contracts.
Periodically acts as Estimating Team Leader on smaller scope projects, including directing all estimating efforts and interacting with key leadership throughout organization.
- Supports and adheres to the matrix organizational format.
- Models and reinforces safety as a top priority of the organization. Always wears a hard hat and other appropriate personal protective equipment in the field.
- Practices the QM philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Ensures client satisfaction, both internally and externally, through efficient handling of issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related technical field
5 years of related estimating experience.
1 year of field experience preferred.
AIA, AIC, ASPE, BIM, CPC, DBIA, EIT, LEED and/or other relevant certifications are encouraged.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.