Saint Louis, MO 63114
Estimator II – Construction
Location – St. Louis MO (Base), actual location negotiable
Job Type – Contract with Full-time potential
Compensation – Negotiable
The Estimator II is responsible for assisting the Senior Estimator in preparing individual estimates and for total preparation of estimates when assigned by the Estimating Director. The Estimator II is accountable for accurate and timely quantity surveys. The Estimator II may also be responsible for preliminary pricing through full estimates when assigned by the Senior Estimator or Estimating Director. The Estimator II must make every effort to satisfy the needs of the Client with respect to each estimate. They must develop and maintain strong relationships with key Suppliers and Subcontractors in order to ensure we receive competitive and complete pricing for all estimates. The Estimator II is responsible for utilizing proper procedures and available tools in the preparation of an estimate. The Estimator II must possess the ability to facilitate and nurture relationships with Owners and Subcontractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; however, other duties may be assigned. To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acts as the peer to Assistant Project Managers.
- Performs complex take-off.
- Provides initial pricing.
- Responsible for a limited number of divisions/building elements.
- Acts as the Estimating Team Leader/Individual for simple scope projects.
- Field exposure to be obtained:
- On-the-job opportunities.
- Standard assignments due.
- Technical training program.
- Estimating skills/tools/processes:
- On-the-job and structured training.
- Proficient with an estimating software proficient with their division (MC2, HCSS, etc.).
- Develops Subcontractor relationships.
- Assists with negotiating/writing contracts.
Periodically acts as Estimating Team Leader on smaller scope projects, including directing all estimating efforts and interacting with key leadership throughout organization.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports and adheres to the matrix organizational format.
- Models and reinforces safety as a top priority of the organization. Always wears a hard hat and other appropriate personal protective equipment in the field.
- Practices the QM philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Ensures client satisfaction, both internally and externally, through efficient handling of issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related technical field and 5 years of related estimating experience. One (1) year of field experience preferred.
Technical and Mental Skills
- Reads, analyzes and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Responds to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Effectively presents information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Comprehends and applies principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra and advanced statistical theory.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions.
- Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deals with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
AIA, AIC, ASPE, BIM, CPC, DBIA, EIT, LEED and/or other relevant certifications are encouraged.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.