Director of Operations
DOE Glastonbury, CT 06025
The Director of Operations (DOO) manages and directs DBDS Operations, including:
Account Managers and Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist, who drives the quality program activity for DBDS.
The priorities for this position include strategic planning, customer satisfaction, quality assurance, process improvement, problem resolution and employee retention.
The DOO oversees the DBDS execution and completion of Customer statements of work (SOWS) and provides the leadership of quality programs.
The DOO partners with management and direct reports to develop systems and controls to ensure DBDS meets quality and delivery standards.
The DOO is the DBDS focal point for new customers, vendors, and the escalation point for all Operational issues.
The DOO is responsible for implementing the fiscal policies of the company as it relates to customer billing, employee compensation, and regular office expenses.
The DOO participates in all HR activities related to hiring, discipline and termination.
The Director of Operations will sustain existing clients and build new client relationships while sponsoring interaction to obtain new work. In collaboration with the Director of Business Development, this position facilitates the proposal process for specific clients/sponsors, including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating operations for DBDS
- Collaborate to formulate policies and strategic plans for future growth.
- Operate as an intermediary between DBDS and the managers of the different departments in HKA
- Communicate accurately and effectively all aspects of DBDS policy, the strategic vision and goals of the company
- Manage Account Manager personnel, purchasing, administration, accounts payable & receivable, assuring that all aspects of company departments are functioning to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Responsible for improving operational efficiency of Account Management activities and Continuous Improvement (CI) activities.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient team structure and performance through analytics, processes and tools.
- Attend Recruitment, Account Management, Strategy and CI meetings.
- Analyze financial reports
- Attract, retain and motivate personnel
- Maintain and grow customer relationships
- Solve internal issues as they arise
- Work closely with leadership team to develop plans and procedures to meet future growth
- Responsible for maintaining profit margins in all areas of responsibility, according to established objectives
- Develop and maintain internal control systems to ensure accountability
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with internal and external partners, vendors, and staff
- Demonstrate financial management and budgeting skills
- Make sound business decision based on data and statistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other tools for Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or other related discipline, five to seven years of IT experience, plus 3 – 5 years of management experience.
- Ability to manage budgets and understand financial statements
- Ability to collaborate and communicate proficiently verbally and in writing.
- Ability to utilize technical skills to understand and respond to new and existing IT requirements.
- Displays initiative and desire to grow the company.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Self-motivated to excel
- Ability to motivate and develop positive relationships with a variety of personalities
- Completes tasks within reasonable timeframes.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.