DOE Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
HKA is seeking experienced Coastal Engineers for assistance with initial analysis activities following Hurricane Florence's aftermath in South and North Carolina and other affected areas.
These individuals will deploy to areas declared for Federal disaster assistance for an average time period of 2 months on any given Task Order POP and provide intermittent support from the subcontractor’s office.
Candidate will be on-call and must be able to report for work within 24-48 hours of notice. Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Candidates should have proven project experience with coastal hydraulic modeling, structural design and evaluation of design alternatives with working knowledge of resilience concepts and integrated solutions.
- Other desired project experience required for this position includes: structural protection, coastal hazard and risks assessments, bank stabilization, scour analysis, levee analysis, artificial reefs, water control structures, dune restoration, shoreline protection, marsh creation, sediment diversions, and hydrologic diversions and restoration.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Proven experience with project delivery for multiple Federal, State and local coastal agencies/clients, specific experience with FEMA strongly preferred
- Manage projects and/or project teams on an as-needed basis
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to junior staff
- E., or ability to obtain P.E. within 12 months of hire
- 10-15 years practical experience in the field
- Proven ability to lead and collaborate with project teams
- Candidate must have exceptional writing and communication skills
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.