DOE Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
HKA is seeking FEMA experienced Civil Engineers for initial hazard analysis activities following Hurricane Florence's aftermath in North and South Carolina and other affected areas.
These individuals will deploy to areas declared for Federal disaster assistance for an average time period of 2 months on any given Task Order POP and provide intermittent support from the subcontractor’s office.
Candidate will be on-call and must be able to report for work within 24-48 hours of notice. Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Participates in initial coordination meetings with State, local and Federal officials and assists in developing the scope of study.
- Serves as engineer in charge of assigned hydrologic and hydraulic investigations conducted for flood hazard reports, flood insurance studies, and dissemination of technical information in response to specific requests.
- Analyzes waterways based on channel configuration and available funds, identifies location and frequency of required cross sections in order to gain maximum data from minimum available information. Findings and recommendations are occasionally based on the extension of incomplete or insufficient data caused by funding limitations.
- Prepares Hurricane Evacuation Studies.
- Serves as project manager responsible for planning, coordinating, evaluating and preparing studies in connection with the flood plain management services program, utilizing the assistance of an in-house study team, A-E contractors and other Federal, state, and local agencies.
- Provides technical service and guidance to Federal, state, and local government agencies which includes interpreting flood data, suggesting floodway areas, and evaluating the effectiveness of the floodways on flood heights.
- As a technical specialist, you will utilize knowledge of surveying, geodesy, photogrammetry, mapping, engineering, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and computers to plan, coordinate, and accomplish all District surveying, mapping and GIS tasks necessary to support a variety of projects including the areas of planning, engineering, construction, regulatory, emergency management, real estate, operation and maintenance.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Experience with FEMA strongly preferred
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.