C-7 Certified Abrasive Blaster
Newport News, VA 23601
Blasters must have three (3) or more years of experience in using high pressure blast equipment. Experience must include working in a physically demanding environment, confined spaces, working at heights, and in the use of a blaster air-fed helmet and/or soft hood air-fed respirator and a negative-pressure half-face respirator. Blasters must be of height and weight that will allow entrance and movement through man way and tank openings. All blasters must be United States Citizens.
Blasters are not being hired as Blast Machine Equipment Operators (BMEO’s) and Ultra-High Pressure Water Blasters.
Required Safety Training / Qualifications:
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to Client Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at Client.
All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) is to be provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company, which includes replacement of any damaged PPE. All Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company shall meet the requirements of OSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and /or as specified by Client.
1. Confined Space Entry trained in accordance with OSHA Standards 29CFR1915 Subpart B.
2. Hazard communication trained in accordance with OSHA Standard 29CFR 1915.1200
[1910.1200) (h) – (1) through (3) (iv)].
3. Blaster shall be inorganic arsenic trained and medically qualified in accordance with OSHA
Standard 29CFR 1910.1018.
4. Blaster’s Respirators/Helmet trained and qualified. A Respirator Medical Clearance
Examination as required by a Physician. The Blaster’s Respirators/Helmet Training and Fit
Testing (where applicable) will meet the requirements of Standard 29CFR1910.134 and each
blaster shall be trained in a
• RPB NOVA 3 Air-Fed Helmet with or without the Cooling System
• MSA Soft Hood Air-Fed Respirator with or without the Cooling System, MSA V-Gard head protection (worn underneath soft hood), and North by Honeywell BC86 Bump Cap, dark green #BC86040000 (worn in tight spaces) - (approximate weight 4.5 lbs.)
• MSA Half Face Negative-Pressure COMFO CLASSIC Respirator - (approximate weight 12 oz.)
Training shall mean all parts of the blaster respirators/helmet equipment systems. The above respiratory equipment represents that used by abrasive blasters at Client. Daily use of respirators may occur.
5. Fall Protection/4-D Body Harness-Vertical & Horizontal Lifelines-Beam Clamp trained and
qualified in accordance with the following OSHA Regulations; 29CFR1915.159,
29CFR1915.71(j)(3), 29CFR1915.73(d), and 29CFR1915.77(c). Client highly
recommends the vest-donning type of body harness instead of the step-into-type body
harness, with D-Ring in the back. Individuals must be trained (which includes having donned
the body harness and demonstrated practical use of the vertical & horizontal lifelines and
beam clamp) with the same type fall protection equipment that they are expected to wear on
Client premises or on off-site Client work locations. Body Harness and
Vertical & Horizontal Lifelines and Beam Clamp Systems shall comply with the requirements
of ANSI Z359.1.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.