Bilingual Youth Care Worker (Temporary)
DOE Tornillo, TX 79853
This is a temporary position slated to last 30 days to 6 months +/-.
Hours: Expected 8-12 hours a day, 6-7 days a week with intermittent days off*.
Start Date: To be determined – Could be as early as the beginning of September.
The Bilingual Youth Care Worker’s job description may include a number of duties depending upon the need of the individual situation.
Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a criminal background check.
Reports to: Shift Supervisors; maintains supervision of Youth Care Workers on duty at each shift.
- The Youth Care Worker will be responsible for providing direct supervision of children/youths and maintain line-of-sight at all times.
- Provide oversight during recreation, meal time, relaxing time, and play.
- Interact with children/youths including playing games or during recreational time.
- Provide positive and respectful attitude towards children/youths.
- Assist during transition and movement of children from one activity to the next and one physical location to another.
- Maintain the UAC (Unaccompanied Alien Children) case file and UAC Portal in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Each youth care worker will be responsible for supervising up to 12 people at any time.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- You will be required to travel to the work location at your own expense.
High School Diploma or GED required
Must be at least 21 years old.
Bilingual in Spanish and English (spoken and written).
Experience working with diverse audiences, including functional needs and non-English speakers.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
Adapt to change, negotiate, compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
Valid Driver’s License
2nd form of Valid Government ID (Unexpired US Passport, Certificate of US. Citizenship, Social Security Card, Certificate of Birth, Unexpired Military Identification Card, etc.)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
Experience working in a position supervising youth, in a care capacity.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
Ability to adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.