Associate Business Manager
Shelton, CT 06484
The ABM leads activity for prospective helicopter and associated sales, including the management and production of proposals, agreements and amendments related to such agreements. The ABM works directly with Business Development, Engineering, Operations, Finance/Pricing, Contracts, ITC and other members of the Capture/Business Acquisition Team (BAT) to facilitate the process from initial proposal strategy development through customer delivery pursuant to the above activities. In addition, the ABM will be expected to cross-train in the area of Aftermarket and Commercial & International Military proposals to provide necessary surge capacity.
The ABM will be responsible for the project management, preparation, and timely submission of proposals and final approved agreements to meet Customer expectations and Financial and Profit (margin/EBIT) targets. Efforts may vary in size, complexity, and range in scope to include additional items such as training, warranty support, technical support, maintenance plans including Total Assurance and Powertrain Assurance Programs (TAP and PAP), spares provisioning, ground support equipment and shipping. The ABM may be required to support contract negotiations and closing of the sale.
Additional work scope will include support of process improvement initiatives, International Trade Compliance (ITC) adherence and development of product pricing guidelines.
Direct responsibilities include:
• Lead the process from receipt of request through the delivery of an approved document to the customer-facing organization.
• Represent the Business Office, as appropriate, by acting as the primary liaison in order to direct, manage and provide guidance to functional areas in proposal development.
• Schedule and lead pursuit strategy meetings and interface with other functional departments including engineering, contracts, finance/pricing, trade compliance, and others as required.
• Coordinate the responses of all the affected departments for all assigned efforts, ensuring that all submitted are compliant to the approved strategy and are on schedule.
• Ensure all approvals are obtained in accordance with Sikorsky Business Office and Lockheed Martin policies and procedures.
• Maintain Business Office data within a designated database and participate in the achievement of department metrics.
• Anticipate possible trouble areas and remedy on own initiative or work with the Business Manager to provide practical solutions to problems as they arise.
• Develop a working understanding of contracting vehicles and negotiation skills necessary to bring contracts to closure while maintaining business objectives.
• Share best practices and continuous learning across the Business Office team and be accountable for implementing improvement recommendations.
• Understand and comply with the ethics and ITC policies, and enterprise procedures and protocols.
BA/BS degree (Business or Finance)
MBA a plus
• Requires a demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and deal with a top level customer, company, and other decision makers.
• Excellent communications skills; must be able to present to internal and external customers.
• Ability to lead and support special projects or a cross-functional team.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to understand pricing models.
• Aptitude for working in high stress / high-value sales transaction.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience directly applicable to business transactions, proposal and pricing, and preferable negotiations experience.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.